Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Coulter's Take on Huckabee

I enjoy listening to Mike Huckabee, one of the GOP candidates for president, because I think he's intelligent and has some good ideas.

That being said, I haven't decided whom I will vote for.

So I read with interest Ann Coulter's column this week about Huckabee. You might, too. It's not really anything earth-shattering, but it's interesting nonetheless. If it goes into the archives before you get to read it, it's the column titled, "Liberals Sing 'Huckelujah'".

2 comments:

Karen Olson said...

Huckabee does not believe in evolution and wanted AIDS patients to be quarantined. He also did not know where Pakistan was.

So the guy's a Christian. Okay. Romney's a Mormon. Every candidate has to prove how religious they are these days.

I want to know how being a Christian would make someone a better president, or person, than a Mormon or a Catholic or a Lutheran or a Buddhist. A lot of so-called "Christians" are not exactly very Christian like in their actions.

Al said...

Good point. I'm not sure either how one particular belief system is supposedly better than another. Like you, I think someone with religious beliefs should actually try to live that way, not just talk about it.

I do require a belief system in the office; to me, there needs to be an awareness of a higher power. But, of course I'm biased, because I don't really believe in evolution.

While there are people who will not vote for a certain person because of that person's color or faith or gender, there are probably more people who will vote for that person based on the same criteria. It's normal. People want their leaders to think like they think.

A voter must believe that whatever they are is the superior thing to be, no? Or else they wouldn't be it.