Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things to Come

This was forwarded to me via e-mail.

I do not know if it is "true," as Snopes.com does not have an entry for it yet.

But, regardless, it is a plausible scenario, and a GREAT solution:

As owner of a business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next president, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

I figure that my clients will have to see an increase in our fees of about 8 percent but since we cannot increase our fees due to the poor state of the economy, we
will have to lay off 8 of our employees instead.

This has really been eating at me for a while, as I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled through our parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I'll be giving it to them.
---------------------------

Here's a funny cartoon:


--------------------------------------

And, finally, just something the Democrats should think about, from Ann Coulter:

"For now, we have a new president-elect. In the spirit of reaching across the aisle, we owe it to the Democrats to show their president the exact same kind of respect and loyalty that they have shown our recent Republican president. "

No comments: