Thursday, March 13, 2008

Eliot's Hooker

Here's the latest story about Gov. Eliot Spitzer's downfall, and some information about the hooker (at least the one that's now known) that he spent thousands of dollars on.

And, if you can't get onto MySpace, here's a snippet of the woman's profile:

"I am all about my music, and my music is all about me… It flows from what I’ve been through, what I’ve seen and how I feel. I live in New York and am on top of the world. Been here since 2004 and I love this city, I love my life here. But, my path has not been easy. When I was 17, I left home. It was my decision and I’ve never looked back. Left my hometown. Left a broken family. Left abuse. Left an older brother who had already split. Left and learned what it was like to have everything, and lose it, again and again. Learned what it was like to wake up one day and have the people you care about most gone. I have been alone. I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music."
OK. Well, I don't really care about a guy messing with hookers, because I do think prostitution should be legal, but because it's all over the news, here are some thoughts:

  • I'm sure Spitzer's wife has got to be ecstatic -- not only did her husband play around with a hooker, but he used one that had been homeless and a drug user. Yay. I hope Spitzer and his wife have already been to a doctor.
  • I don't know the exact amount he spent per episode, but the story linked above say she charged a thousand dollars a throw ... I'm sorry, but ... you know, look at the photo, she's pretty and all, but I don't think there's any roll in the hay worth that much cash. I mean, really. Ten of those would have paid for my car!
  • This girl is 22, Spitzer is 48. He would have been out of college before she was even born! OK, to be fair, there is a sliver of "pig male" in me that says, "Woo-hoo Eliot!" But, there's also a part of me that says, "Eww."
  • As far as the hooker goes, the profile says, "I survived, on my own." ... Ha! That's pretty easy when you make more in an hour than I make in a week! So I guess I should be proud that I can support myself and my wife (and my kitty!) on less than a hooker makes in an hour!
OK. As far as I'm concerned, the guy simply screwed up. If he wasn't such a law-and-order guy, he might have been able to keep his job.

What I can't figure out is, if he was going to spend that much dough, and still get a chick that was homeless and used drugs, why didn't he just spend some cash on a disguise and go to some strip club in some rinkydink town and do it with one of the girls there for like $100 and never hear about it again?

UPDATE: In the time it took me to write this post, the hooker's profile is being removed from myspace. ... I can hear the "I'm a victim" thing coming already.

No comments: