Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Things That Taught Me To Be A Good Person

Part of the reason that I despise people so much is because of the television I watched as a kid.

With all the sex and violence and just plain awful things that kids are exposed to on TV these days, the kids are just taught to be egocentric, horny little lunatics.

It's not even so much that the stuff I was exposed to was so completely clean -- there was plenty of sexual innuendo, it was just subtle.

And even then, the important difference is that bad people were treated as such and, more often than not, ended up feeling the consequences of their actions.

When I was really little, it was basically Magic Garden, Electric Company, Looney Tunes, the Superfriends, Batman, The Brady Bunch, Happy Days ... morning TV was cartoons that were really like cartoons, the Little Rascals, the Stooges ...

Basically, everything taught me to be a good person. When the characters would do something wrong, they were usually sorry by the end of the show. Diff'rent Strokes, the Facts of Life, All in the Family ....

At what point did the sex go from "fooling around" to really explicit stuff?

Anyway, the whole reason I wrote this is because I just found the Web page for the 2 chicks from Magic Garden, Carole Demas and Paula Janis.

If you don't know what it is, don't worry about it -- it's just a show that taught me (a) all the little life lessons in a fun way, and (b) taught me that I liked girls, even if I didn't know what that had to do with anything, because I would just sit their mesmerized by their singing. And the hair, the hair was good. I had a thing for Carole, the one not with the guitar. Yeah, big time, the hair in the pigtails? And, as far as I'm concerned, the style is still fantastic -- jeans, boots ... the whole western thing.

But I digress. The point is that these 2 are alive and well, and you can download an order form from their site where you can buy DVDs, hats ... very cool.

No comments: