Thursday, September 27, 2007

Not the Fastest Learners

Here's a story about recent Israeli-Palestinan fighting.

There's really nothing new about the story, other than the date. It's the same old thing: Palestinans repeatedly fire rockets and mortars into Israel, Israel eventually goes and blows up some Palestinians, Palestinians vow revenge on the evil Israel.

Ever burn yourself touching a hot stove when you were a kid? How many times did you get burned before you figured it out?

So I can't for the life of me figure out why the Palestinans don't connect the dots here -- if you shoot things into Israel, Israel is going to get angry and fire back.

That seems pretty simple.

The most interesting part of this, to me, is that people will continue to criticize Israel for retaliating against hostile acts.

I personally have no horse in this race, I have no particular affection -- or disdain -- for Israel. I also think a Palestinian state is in order, if it would calm things down.

But I question that when I see the continued irrational behavior of the Palestinians. Every time there is a cease-fire, Palestinians are the ones to break it. Every time Palestinians attack Israelis, they cry foul when Israel fires back.

Eventually Israel is just going to obliterate the Palestinans.

No comments: